Deepen your understanding of Indigenous culture. Hear teachings of respect, healing and connectedness. We offer programming for learners of all ages.
We host solstice and equinox sweat lodge and feasts on or near March 21st, June 21st, September 21st and December 21st each year. Various elders run these ceremonies and share teachings from their traditional knowledge and training.
For details on these, or other upcoming events, see our Events Calendar.
You can contact us to book a unique learning experience for your group. We work with schools, community organizations, churches and workplaces to share Indigenous knowledge and crafts, helping you better understand Indigenous history, culture and contemporary issues. Come and learn at our retreat facilities or ask us about having one of our staff come to you. We can help you learn about:
- Decolonization & Indigenization with your organization
- The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Call to Action
- History of Treaties, including Treaty One where SSSC resides
- Indigenous traditional teachings such as:
- The seven sacred teachings
- The SSSC Bundle teachings
- Medicine wheel teachings
- Various Indigenous creation stories
- Connection to land teachings
- Haudenosaunee Peacemaker story
- Indigenous ceremonies, provided by Indigenous elders and knowledge keepers, such as:
- Sweat Lodge ceremony
- SSSC Red Buffalo Pipe ceremony
- Haudenosaunee Thanksgiving Address
- Four Directions Prayers
Contact us to find out more.
Ministry Learning Circles
We are at the leading edge of the self-governing process happening in the Indigenous communities of faith in The United Church of Canada. We are training the emerging leadership that will guide the way forward and live out Indigenous community aspirations.
To see a list of upcoming Learning Circles and register to join our students for a week-long continuing education opportunity, see our Events Calendar.