Feast for Friends
October 21 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
We’re pleased to announced that we will be hosting this gathering of friends once again! Indigenous people and settler people are invited to join us for a day of learning, listening, sharing and feasting – all in the spirit of reconciliation.
A day to meet each other in friendship on the land. All ages welcome.
Download the registration form or fill it out online.
Register by October 6th. The space is much more limited this year so we can only accept 100 registrations.
Activities will include:
- Sharing circles, teachings, games, crafts
- Teaching about land as our health
- Sweat lodge ceremony
This partnership-building event is co-sponsored by: All Native Circle Conference, Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre, and the Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario of the United Church of Canada.
- Meals: Lunch and dinner and a snack will be provided. If you have special food needs, please bring what you need.
- Registration Fee: A contribution to our Partnership Action Fund for a future event ~ pay what you can. (Cheques payable to “Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre – Partnership Action Fund”.)
- Maximum numbers: We can accommodate 100, which includes 30 participants of Mamawe Ota Askihk. We are committed to having a balance of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people.
- Transportation: Please arrange your own car pools. Call if you are stuck for a ride.
- Overnight accommodation: There is none available at SSSC but there are several motels in Beausejour.
Questions? Contact Registrar Joan Jarvis at 204-233-8911 ext 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to dig deeper into “land as health”? Come out for the Mamawe Ota Askihk Festival (Oct 16-21) at SSSC.