Native Ministries Consortium Summer School
July 10 - July 21
This is an opportunity for students who are often isolated from one another to gather, learn and worship together. It is also an opportunity for intensive course work for students in the Native Ministries Program. The Summer School serves people from a wide variety of educational backgrounds, with an international and largely Indigenous faculty.
Our array of courses offers a wide range of topics for a critical mind and a curious spirit. Be ready to embark on a journey of learning, healing and growth!
Native Ministries Summer School is holistic and interdisciplinary. Courses examine sacred scripture, theology and philosophy through the lens of indigenous thought. Courses achieve this by examining social data, literary-oral tradition, the artistic cultural aspects of Indigenous spirituality.
Courses – Week 1 (July 10-14)
1. Ethics in Intercultural Context
2. Ministry in the Midst of Trauma
3. The Doctrine of Discovery, “A Christian Empire,” and the Colonization of a new World
Courses Week 2 (July 17-21)
1. Pilgrimage and Indigenous Journey
2. New Testament I: Synoptic Gospels
3. Knowing the Creator Through Creation
Financial assistance is available but applications are due by May 15.